Monday, February 2, 2009

Preacher's Wife

I had a dream that I was getting married to a preacher and I would not have it. I kept saying "But my husband is supposed to be a business man." I couldn't get my head around marrying a preacher. I said I wouldn't know how to support him, or how to be a preacher's wife. I did not want to counsel anyone or any of that first lady stuff. I just kept saying "How now?!" So I went for counseling to talk to Pastor Joan about it. She said "Cynthia, if he has heard from God then you better listen to what God is saying." So I agreed to go out on a few dates with him. Initially I was a bit afraid, him being a "Man of God" and all, but then as we continued to date I felt really good about it. Then I woke up.

Lord in Heaven! What if my husband really is a preacher? I need to wrap my noggin around that idea for real. It is scary. Kudos to all the women out there who always wanted to marry a preacher. I sure have never been one of them.

No comments: