Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Have mercy on me NOW!

I have read the story of blind Bartimaeus before but it has never had this particular effect on me. I noticed that he said "Jesus, you son of David" I wondered why he insisted on calling him son of David until I found out that Son of David is the name that identifies Christ as the Messiah. Bartimaeus had heard the word of God concerning the Messiah in Is 42:6-7

"I the Lord have called You [the Messiah] for a righteous purpose and in righteousness; I will take You by the hand and will keep You; I will give You for a covenant to the people [Israel], for a light to the nations [Gentiles],

To open the eyes of the blind
, to bring out prisoners from the dungeon, and those who sit in darkness from the prison."

He was yelling at Jesus saying fulfill the prophecy in my life. And then I saw something else in the amplified that I had never seen before either.

Mark 10:47-52

"And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, saying, Jesus, Son of David, have pity and mercy on me [now]!

And many severely censured and reproved him, telling him to keep still, but he kept on shouting out all the more, You Son of David, have pity and mercy on me [now]!

And Jesus stopped and said, Call him. And they called the blind man, telling him, Take courage! Get up! He is calling you.

And throwing off his outer garment, he leaped up and came to Jesus.

And Jesus said to him, What do you want Me to do for you? And the blind man said to Him, Master, let me receive my sight.

And Jesus said to him, Go your way; your faith has healed you. And at once he received his sight and accompanied Jesus on the road".

Now! He told the Lord have mercy on me and implied a Now type of urgency. Have you ever cried out to the Lord and told him to come now! Like he cannot delay anymore and he cannot ignore you? That was Bartimaeus. He was telling the Lord 'you are my Messiah, you are my hope and the hope of all Israel. If you pass me, who shall help me?' He also did not know when Jesus would be passing that way again so he was crying out for a Now miracle. I have been there many times before and I am there now.

Jesus, you son of David, take pity and have mercy on me NOW!

No comments: