Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Marked with God's Mark

On March 2nd the Lord began to speak to me about marking me with his mark. As I was praying that morning his presence was heavy on me and I could almost feel him place his mark, his seal, on my forehead. On March 3rd I felt the need to study this marking and why the Lord would mark his people. Turns out that on various occasions, when the Lord was about to bring judgement he marked his people to exempt them from the coming upheaval.

  1. The first incident I noted of a marking was in the book of Exodus where he tells the Israelites to put the blood of a lamb on their door posts. That way when the angel of judgement came, he would see the blood and pass over them.
  2. The second place I saw this was in the book of Ezekiel 9:1-6. In this passage God is about to release his army for judgement. However, he asks them to wait until those who are his have been marked. The army of the Lord is then given instructions not to harm anyone with the mark of God on them.
  3. Revelation 7:1-4 is another such passage. Once again God holds his troops until his own people have been marked on their foreheads. The troops are then commanded not to touch them as they execute the orders of the Lord.
One thing we do not understand is that we are in the Last days and in this last days we are going to bear a mark of ownership whether we like it or not. You are either going to be marked with the mark of God, or with the mark of the devil. Revelation 7 talks about the seal of God that bears his name. Each one who is a bond servant of our God will have this mark. Revelation 13 talks about another seal. The mark of the devil that bears his name or the number of his name, the famous 666. Based on where we are in history the question becomes, "Which mark is going to be on your forehead?" We get to decide based on the way we are living our lives today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and wherever you go, those who are spiritual will see that mark in the spirit.

Anonymous said...

Many years ago I had a vision where I saw a huge hand coming towards me,and I knew immediately that it was the hand of God. He placed His thumb on my forehead indicating that He was placing His seal upon my head, and I saw His thumb print after He removed His thumb. Then He picked me up and placed me in the palm of His hand and closed it up over me,saying that I'm His forever,and that He will never let me go. Then the Holy Spirit came upon me and I began to sob with tears of tremendous joy and happiness,and I could hardly contain myself. It was amazing!!!

From that moment on I felt a change deep within me,a closeness,a much deeper connection that I had never felt before. Since then I have fallen so much deeper in love with Jesus and all of my desires for the things of this world have I given to the Lord and He's taken them away.

My strongest desire now is to serve Him in anyway He wants me to. Which is to share His love for us and the good news of salvation with the lost,to help the needy, and to be of comfort to those who are brokenhearted.

Jesus has truly become my everything, and I want every child of God to desire to fall deeply in love with Him too.