Sunday, July 17, 2011

That Devil Lied!!!

We are told that the devil is a liar and the father of all lies.  So much so, that when he lies he only speaks his native tongue.  No truth can be found in him at any one time.  Hence the reason why we should never allow him to speak to us.  

So I'm chilling by myself yesterday pondering my fast approaching birthday (I will turn 35) and considering all the things that I wanted to have achieved by now.  I have achieved much and I am on track with everything else except the marriage and kids thing.  Suddenly, from nowhere, I get hit by a feeling of despondency and despair and the devil begins to speak.  It took me a second to realize it was him speaking so I gave him ear for a minute.  

I start thinking that marriage will never happen.  Here I am waiting for God to hook things up in his time and the question pops into my mind, "what time?"  If I am turning 35 and he has not done it, which other time is there? Then another thought pops into my head "How about adopting kids and moving on with your life?" I'm like "Yeah!! I could do that!" then God, the voice of reason and peace breaks through all the demonic noise and says "Listen to your inner self.  Is that what you really want to do?"

So I close out all the noise and get quiet and just listen to my inner self.  The answer comes to me clear as crystal.  I don't want kids without a husband.  I want the security of marriage in which to raise my godly offspring according to Malachi 3.  What a relief to have all the crazy thoughts expelled and to know exactly what I want.  

Someone may ask, "Isn't it time to give up the notion and start working on plan B?" I have!  Plan B, C, D...Z are all the same and they are spelled out very clearly in Psalm 46:10 in God's own words: "Be still and know that I am God..."  I will be still and I will let God be God in my life.  Hallelujah! What peace!! What joy!! I don't have to worry about a thing.  My God is working it all out for me!!

2 comments:

Mima said...

I really enjoy your blogs God bless!

kenyangal said...

Thank you Mima!