Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Daniel

I'm reading the book of Daniel and this guy just challenges me with every chapter. First he refuses to defile himself with their food, then he refuses to pray to their gods, then he is thrown in the lion's den and comes out unharmed. I noticed a pattern in his life. Always there is a test that he has to pass, then God is glorified and then he is promoted to another level in the Kingdom. It is clear that God still works like that in our lives as well. As you are promoted from Glory to Glory, you have to pass some tests to go on to the next level. God has to check your maturity.

The other thing that challenges and blesses me about Daniel is that the Spirit of the Lord was clearly on him. He had great wisdom, understanding, could decipher dreams, visions and enigmas. He was excellent in Character, faithful in his work to a fault. Such that the guys who were plotting against him said, "we will never get this guy based on his work or character, the only way to get him is pertaining to his God." He had an excellent relationship with God, praying 3 times a day with thanksgiving something he had done from his early years.

This is the example of a market place christian that I should be. So that God is seen in me and uses me to bring success to my company and my country, by the power of the Holy Spirit. I am so challenged. I am praying for the same Spirit that was in Daniel to be on me as well. "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me..." Amen!

No comments: