Thursday, February 14, 2008

Year of New Beginnings

It's been wonderful since God healed me of those aweful fibroids and allowed me to be free. My doctor says I will not be completely healed till after six months but I feel totally healed now and I am claiming that already.

In October of last year I shared how amazed I was that God was speaking to me about this year already. Well he started making some serious changes in my life all through my recovery and more so since last month.

When God wants to change your life the first thing he says to you is "Come up Higher" needless to say I was challenged in my walk with him most of all. The first change he has made this year was to call me into a life of prayer and fasting. He asked me to fast one day a week to seek him and to draw nearer to him which I must say has been phenomenol. Bondages I had never even seen have been revealed to me and the word of God has just come alive for me in a greater way.

On my prayer life, he called me to pray for at least an hour every day as the Spirit leads. I used to go before God with a list of all the issues I wanted to bring before him and then labour through prayer for 20 min max, and then I had nothing further to say. He began to really speak to me about praying as the Spirit led and not as I wanted to pray. Since I started listening to the leading of the Holy Spirit in Prayer, my prayer life has become incredible. The hour flies by and I am in danger of getting late for other commitments.

The other thing God renewed in me was praying in tongues more. It is so important to pray in tongues and there is so much power in praying in tongues. No wonder the devil does all he can to fight tongues and also to ensure that we as believers do not pray that much in tongues in our private prayer time. But that devil IS A LIAR! I just bubble away in the Spirit and I have realised that more and more lately I am beginning to get the interpretation and then declare what the Holy Spirit is saying and doing in the Spirit realm.

Additionally, I felt led to start faithfully attending Watch Nights at my church which we call "Friday Night Encounters" and God has moved in my life. We pray for hours at a time. No hurry, just you and the Holy Ghost! I have seen such a great change in my life since then. God has just been downloading new ideas straight from the throne of Heaven and I am getting ready to have a Joseph type manifestation myself.

I praise him for he is good and his mercies endure for ever. I praise him and I do not forget all his benefits to me. Surely he has not said "serve me for nothing" No. God is doing a new thing in my life. Now it springs forth. A way in the wilderness, a might river in the desert. I will bear much, much fruit to the glory of his name.

How about this for a verse to speak over the year 2008:

"You crown the year with Your bounty and goodness, and the tracks of Your [chariot wheels] drip with fatness." Psalm 65:11

No comments: