Thursday, February 28, 2008

Isaiah 58

On my end of the month fast this is what I have learned from Isaiah 58 the fasting chapter. I hope you learn something too...

The purpose of Fasting:
1. To loose the Chains of Injustice
2. To untie the chords of the yoke, to break every yoke
3. To set the oppressed free

Things to do if I want my fasts to be effective
1. Feed the hungry
2. Shelter the homeless
3. Clothe the naked
4. Help my family
5. Be careful not be an oppressor
6. No finger pointing, blaming or accusing
7. No malicious talk
8. Meet the needs of the oppressed
9. Observe the Sabbath day to keep it holy
10. Do not speak idle words (Words that are contrary to God’s word)
11. Do God’s will not what I please

Results of doing the above things:

1. Your light will break forth
2. Your healing will quickly appear
3. Your righteousness will go before you
4. God’s glory will be my rear guard
5. You will call and God will answer speedily
6. The Lord will guide you always
7. He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land (Gen 26)
8. You will be like a well watered Garden
9. A spring whose waters never run dry
10. You will rebuild the ancient ruins
11. You will raise up the age-old foundations (Ps 82:5)
12. You will be a repairer of broken walls
13. You will be called the restorer of streets with dwellings
14. You will find your joy in the Lord
15. You will ride on the heights of the land (Head and not the tail, above only and not beneath Deut 28:1 & 13)
16. You will feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob (Gen 17, Gen 12 – This is Covenant Deut 8:18)

No comments: