Thursday, July 10, 2008

Like a Tree by Streams of Water

Knowing Christ and the significance of the cross and what was purchased for you at Calvary is by experience. You have to know Jesus through personal experience. This has been a trying week. I was dealt a blow by the enemy that for all accounts and purposes was supposed to leave me paralyzed in the market place. To cripple me good, and leave me struggling for a while. But God is faithful. Jesus bought me rest on calvary. Because of the cross, I can walk through the fire and not be burnt. I can walk through a flood and not be swept away. Jesus bought my safe passage, and bought provision for me in such times. Psalm 1 describes the person purchased by Christ's death and dwelling under the shadow of the Almighty.

PSALM 1

1 BLESSED (HAPPY, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes], nor stands [submissive and inactive] in the path where sinners walk, nor sits down [to relax and rest] where the scornful [and the mockers] gather.

2But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night.

3And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity].

4Not so the wicked [those disobedient and living without God are not so]. But they are like the chaff [worthless, dead, without substance] which the wind drives away.

5Therefore the wicked [those disobedient and living without God] shall not stand [justified] in the judgment, nor [b]sinners in the congregation of the righteous [those who are upright and in right standing with God].

6For the Lord knows and is fully acquainted with the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly [those living outside God's will] shall perish (end in ruin and come to nought).

I love it. We who were bought with a price do not struggle to stand firm. Because of Calvary, I will not fall. Provision has been made for me. The supply to produce fruit and see it mature is there already. Therefore, regardless of the storms of life, I will stand. Regardless of the challenges in business, I will prosper. When other businesses are shutting down, I shall be like a tree planted by stream of water, yielding my fruit in its season. My leaf shall not wither!! Hallelujah! The provision for my prosperity was made on calvary! I am already more than a conqueror.


Hallelujah! I lived this out this week. And now I know it is true. This is my prayer:

Philippians 3:10

"[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]"

Lord, I want to know you!

No comments: