Monday, May 18, 2009

Physically Unattractive

For years I have struggled with poor body image. Now notice I did not say self image I said body image. I think that I am a brilliant woman. I may not be the best cook in the world but I can throw down quite a bit, I can run a business like wow!, I can run a home like oh yeah and many other great things that make me a proverbs 31 woman.

Problem! I am not as physically attractive as I would like to be. I am overweight and I have little moles on my face that make strangers walk up to me and say "Hey, I know a shop in Eastleigh that sells something for those!" Wanna guess my reaction?

Consequently, I have shied away from men and I never really expect them to look at me twice or even ask me out. All these years it has been done to me according to my faith. They don't look and they never ask me out.

Yesterday Bishop J.B. Masinde of Deliverance Umoja was preaching at our church and he said that God treats you the way you see yourself. If you think you are not worthy of a good car then you will drive a ramshackle all your life. If you see yourself as unattractive then you will indeed appear unattractive.

He read to us from the Story of Lazarus and the rich man. The Bible states that Lazarus longed to eat the scraps that came off the rich man's table. And you know what, it was done to him according to his faith. That is all he ever got.

Well, I have asked the Holy Spirit to renew me in the Spirit of my mind. I will no longer conform to the image of beauty in this world but will focus on what God says that beauty is. After all, I am looking to attract a man of God and not a worldly man. I will be writing more on this topic as God and I talk it over. For now, I ask that you read 1 Peter 3:1-6. Please share your thoughts and we will take it from there tomorrow.

God Bless you all and have a blessed week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kenyan Gal great to read this powerful article from you again. You know what? we are children of the most high God.....infact we are fearfully and wonderfully made..i used to have esteem problems some years back but since i started attending daughters of zion like from 2007 my life has taken a fresh turn be encouraged my dear.....we know who we are ...we are more than just physically beautiful....the bible says the true beauty of a woman lies in her inner ardonment...the quiet spirit in us halleluyia! may God favour you greatly! Winnie.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's deep. The way we see ourselves really affects how we carry ourselves and even what happens in our lives. "He did not many works there because of their unbelief." - Matthew 13:58. I can tell you are beautiful from what I read... may that man who is head over heels in love with you and searching for you, find you and yes may God favour you greatly.

Anonymous said...

wow that's kinda really great thought... i envy your courage to carry that burden so.. but anyway, outward appearance doesn't really matter at all. we are uniquelly created and crafted by God according to His image. so why doubt it? it's in the scriptures right? well, i do have the same experience with you.. but now? what i think is best in what i do i just freely did it.. i know there is that specia someone that God prepared for me..

best lucks to more write ups ur soon to publish. keep up the faith...

chumjb2@yahoo.com