Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Senior Partner

I took the day off today to meet with God about the way forward. He is doing great things in my life and I am truly blown away at the goodness of the Lord. He has an assignment for me that is greater than anything he has ever done in my life before. One thing is clear to me. That I am going to see a greater measure of the outworking of the Holy Spirit in my life affecting how I do business and everything else in my life.

1 Cor 2:1-5 says:

"When I came to you brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling, my message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power."


This job that I now hold will require that I stand before men of great wealth, position and honor. That is enough to fulfill the weakness, fear and trembling part. However, God has been so kind to me and has put my mind at ease. Usually, when you want to make a presentation you want to use clever words and use persuasive speech in order to get buy in. God said that like Paul, I need to partner with the Holy Ghost. Mine is to make the presentation in plain speech and the Holy Spirit will do the persuading on my behalf.

It makes it so easy to know that I don't have to convince them to buy in. The Holy Spirit will do that. All I have to do is prepare my presentation, be informed and ready and the Holy Spirit will do the rest. I love knowing that he will be there with me, touching them and convincing them to buy into what I am selling. God is so faithful.

If you are out there either marketing, selling, branding, doing business in any way. Partner with the Spirit of the Living God and see what comes out of it. I am so blessed by God. It makes life so easy and lifts the burden of thinking 'I have to do a really good job of convincing them or I'm out.' Not so. Do your part and let the Holy Spirit, your senior partner do the rest. HE will bring about the desired result!

No comments: