Friday, August 21, 2009

Your Current Assignment

I don't believe in fate. I think that God is too much of a thinker to let things fall where they may. Although the universe and our lives in general tend towards entropy when left on their own, I think God, being a master planner, had planned our lives from the start. If we tap into his thoughts by prayer, reading the word and meditating on it, we will surely find the path ordained for us from the beginning of days.

My friend Rose is a homemaker and a mother of 5. She loves being a homemaker and homeschooling her kids. She made a comment today that got me thinking about our lot in life. She said I sounded so accomplished and professional that she was almost afraid of me. I couldn't help thinking how accomplished she is, raising her kids in the ways of the Lord and running her farm in Indiana.

We all have our lot in life. But the most important thing to remember is that they are assignments. We are all working on the same thing: Building God's Kingdom. Whether that means raising a godly offspring or working in the marketplace. I consider my job and business my current assignment. That means that the assignment could change and within a few years I could be the homeschooling stay-at-home mom. Whether I am in the market place or at home I am building the Kingdom and that is the most important thing.

Here is a quick challenge for you. How are you building the Kingdom in your current assignment?

3 comments:

Aggie said...

Thanks for the reminder. When I ask why I cannot get a new job, I always answer myself that I have not finished my job here. So until I'm done with my evangelising job here ,then I won't get that new posting.

kenyangal said...

You are welcome Aggie. I hope you can join us in the goal setting challenge. Have a good one!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!What a challenge....!!
Thanks Kenyangal for sharing such great wisdom.
Winnie