Saturday, May 15, 2010

Remember Me Oh Lord!

Many times in this blog I have spoken of my desire to be married and have many Children of my own. At the age of 26 I remember calling my mother and telling her that I felt I was now ready for marriage. 7 years later I am still waiting on the Lord. But I thank God, because 7 is the number of completion. The Lord has used this lack of fulfillment in my life to teach me many things and continues to do so even today.

Reading the Bible I find that a woman's desire for a husband and children is natural. Having one without the other does not satisfy either. I read the story of Leah who even though she was married was an unloved wife. The need for her husbands love and attention made her a miserable woman even though God gave her many children. Her rival Rachel on the other hand was blessed by the love of her husband but her lack of Children made her life miserable. It is clear that one must have both a loving husband and children to feel complete.

The Story of Hannah also puts this into perspective. Here is Hannah, a woman so loved by her husband that he blessed her in double portions. Yet her heart yearned for children of her own. The taunting of her rival did not make things any easier. The Bible says that she poured out her heart before the Lord and asked him to remember her. What does it mean for the Lord to remember you?

In the Bible, the word "Remember" as in when the Lord remembers his people, means to go into action on their behalf. It is not just to recall or to bring to memory. It is to look on their misery and do something to remove it. It is to express concern for that person and to act with loving care for them. When the Lord remembers you, he favors you and meets your need. Hence when he remembered Rachel, she got pregnant and bore Joseph. When he remembered Hannah, she too conceived. He went into action on their behalf in order to meet their need.

May the Lord remember you today. May he meet you at your point of need and shed light and favor where you need it. May he step into your situation and act on your behalf.

No comments: