Monday, March 3, 2008

Weighty Matters

This is a belated skinny friday blog. Sorry!

Welcome to the first official skinny Friday blog. At the beginning of this year the Lord spoke to me on the fact that my personal theme for this year is “supernatural.” When he said that, I did not think that included my health even though I have often confessed that I walk in divine health. However, my mentor says that health is also a factor of what you do. Do you eat right? Do you work out? Are you keeping your body fit for the master’s use?

I have been a heavy girl all my life and I bought into all the lies. You have large bones (which I do, but is my belly made of bones?), it’s genetic for you, you should just be happy the way you are… But how can you be happy when your weight issues eat into your self esteem, when going clothes shopping is a night mare because you either don’t find clothes in your size, and if you do they don’t look good on you, when you’re too embarrassed to go swimming with everyone else? How can you be happy when you are carrying disease and death in your body… diabetes, hypertension, fibroids (from hormonal imbalances brought on by obesity), arthritis and other diseases that are brought on or exacerbated by obesity.

Well, the Lord was quick to show me that the state of my body is of concern to him, and not only that, but that he is willing to come in, break the bondage of food addiction and guide me step by step into losing weight. The word of the Lord is sharper than any two edged sword, and when he speaks a word you can apply it into any area of your life. Is 48:17 says that he teaches us how to profit. He will teach you how to profit even in your health. How to ensure that your body functions in the perfection for which he created it. He will cause you to be strong, and toned and flexible. You will be able to jump and run and do all the silly things you wish you could.

I started this weight loss journey on January 28th and the Lord started by teaching me how to eat. He said “Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are satisfied.” I lost 6 lbs that first week, then 2 lbs the week after that and 3 lbs in the third week. 11 lbs in 3 weeks just by not overeating. I hit a plateau on week four and held steady. Last week was my fifth week in the journey, and I had two 20 min sessions of exercise and that jump started my weight loss again and I lost 3 lbs, and that brings me to a total of 14 lbs weight loss in 5 weeks. Isn’t God good? This has never happened before in my life. I am so blessed.

No comments: