Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Call on Him in Trouble

“I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day.” Abraham Lincoln

“And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me” (Psalm 50:15).

Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. (Psalm 3:1-4)

You, too, will experience God’s power as you call on Him in your time of anguish and fear, for you will find Him to be your shield and the lifter of your head. And as you seek Him, He will fill you with His peace and cause your sleep to be sweet as He holds you in His arms and sustains you.

Oh, the glorious power of prayer! Truly great peace belongs to those who know how to call upon the Lord.

The above are excerpts from an article by Pastor Benny Hinn that can be found here www.bennyhinn.org/articles/articledesc.cfm?id=1250

No comments: