Tuesday, August 5, 2008

His Ways

God is so controversial. I never knew how much until he affected me personally. There are some things that he tell us to do that may be totally out of the norms of society. I thought I was alone until I read Acts 10. There is no denying that God himself had told Israel not to mix with the gentiles. But here he is now asking Peter to go eat at a gentiles house and hang out with them. Why does God do that? It always throws me off. Isaiah 55 says his ways are not ours. Neither are his thoughts. The most I can do is trust in him.

8For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord.

9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.

10For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater,(D)

11So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

No comments: