Monday, October 19, 2009

NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER

When you know that your rock is with you and that he will not leave you or forsake you in your time of need, it becomes easier to go full speed ahead into battle. No weapon formed against you will prevail. They shall not prevail. Just keep your eyes on Jesus and fear will not enter your heart. Your enemies shall not route you for God has commanded victory for you from Zion. What a wonderful God we serve. In this season of war, I declare that victory is your portion. You will not retreat and you will not surrender to the enemy in Jesus name.

Ps 78: 7-11 talks about a time when Israel fled from their enemy and gives us insight of why they did it. It starts by encouraging the Israelites to tell the generations of the power and might of God.

“That they may set their hope in God and not forget the works of God, but keep His commandments. And may not be like their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation, a generation that did not set its heart aright, and whose spirit was not faithful to God. The children of Ephraim, being armed and carrying bows, turned back in the day of battle. They did not keep the covenant of God; they refused to walk in His law, and forgot his works and his wonders that he had shown them.”


It is not your portion. If you are armed and ready for war, you shall not turn back in the day of battle. But shall go on to the fight and victory shall be yours. From this passage I am encouraged to do the following:

• First, I must set my heart aright. I must make up my mind that I am not retreating nor surrendering to the enemy. I am not turning back but will press on to victory in Jesus name.

• Second, I must set my hope in God. I must know and understand clearly that he is the bringer of victory. It is the Lord who will bring me into the land to possess it.

• Third, I must keep in mind the great victories God has won for his people in the past. I can read about them in his word and meditate on past victories he has won for me. This will be an encouragement to me in the process.

• Fourth, I must walk in obedience of every instruction that the Lord gives me. No rebellion or stubbornness in the army of the Lord. If I am willing and obedient I shall eat the good of the land (Isaiah 1:19).

• Fifth, my spirit must be faithful to the Lord. I must be determined to follow him to the end and if I die, I die.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my rhema for today....my spirit has just been refreshed to overflowing through this word. Thanks Kenyangal! Winnie

Anonymous said...

You sound very wise

Victor said...

I am so thankful for the gift within you,the Holy Spirit led me to your site three days ago.You are full of the Holy Spirit,,,and a friend of God.He has filled your cup with truth Kenyan, Now pour it upon the believer for strength ,and the unbeliever for salvation,,,,your brother in the priesthood.i can't think of a more encouraging and uplifting website.Your Brother in the priesthood Victor...placing you on my Prayer List