Monday, October 12, 2009

THE HAND YOU’RE DEALT

Many times in life I have heard people in unfortunate circumstances say that it was the hand they were dealt that was messed up. In a way, that could be true but I dare say that God does not play games with our lives. We are not a gamble to God. Every hand dealt is a potential winner or a potential loser. It just depends on what you do with it. If you would be wise enough to hand your life over to God, you will discover that he is quite able to take the unfortunate circumstances of your life and turn them into a story that will astound many.

The other day my boss came into town and we had to go and see some potential clients together. In truth, I was a bit worried because I was not sure how we would be received or even if our costs would be competitive. I woke up in the middle of the night and my spirit was singing the following song:

“You are Alpha and Omega, we worship you our Lord you are worthy to be praised x2
We give you all the glory, we worship you our Lord you are worthy to be praised”

Then I realized that God was encouraging me. He was letting me know that he had dealt me this hand but he was going to make it a winning hand for me if I would only surrender it to him.

I was watching Joni Erickson on some show talking about the accident that paralyzed her from the neck down. What an aweful hand to be dealt!! Yet Joni is celebrated the world over because she gave the hand dealt to her back to God and he has caused her to triumph in the midst of it.

I am not sure who this post is for. I just know that the Spirit of God has a hand in my writing this. But however terrible you may consider the hand you have been dealt, give it to God. Every hand is a winner when given to him, but every hand can be a loser if mishandled. Let the author and the finisher of your life guide you and fulfill the purpose for which he created you. This one thing’s for sure, God never created any losers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am not gonna accept my assessement report am not a looser but a winner am not the tail but the head ....this will be a testimony in my life...Lord take my hand and use me for success..Amen!Winnie.