Friday, February 26, 2010

CONFIDENT OF YOUR OBEDIENCE…

Philemon vs 21 “Confident of your obedience, I write to you, knowing that you will do even more than I ask.”

Can God say this about me? Is God confident of my obedience? Can he be sure that I will do what he asks of me in all things and even go on to do more? If he asks me to give a shirt away, can I also give my coat in addition? Can God send instructions and say to angel Gabriel, “Give this message to Cynthia. I am confident of her obedience. She will do what I ask and even more.” Lord help me. I think in this area I would be found wanting.

I want to obey. I want you to be confident of my obedience Lord. I want you to be able to rely on me to be a dependable instrument you can use on the earth. Forgive my disobedience in so many areas. Holy Spirit, help me to obey, that God may say he is confident of my obedience and that he knows that I will do even more than what he asks of me.

I choose radical obedience.

No comments: