Friday, February 26, 2010

WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY

Fasting has never been one of my great achievements at all. When I first got saved I would fast often but it was usually a struggle. I would grit my teeth and get through it. Bad as it may sound; I actually had great experiences with the Lord and loved our time together. But the hunger pangs were not easy to deal with. I am rediscovering fasting and the power behind it. This is one of the most powerful disciplines of the Christian life.

Yesterday my BFF and I were fasting for some particular things we need to happen in our lives. I was surprised at the amount of grace I had. Even though I felt hungry it was not excruciating hunger pains. Well, this morning I began talking it over with the Lord and he said to me, “If you have the will, I will always extend the grace and make a way to see you through. That is why the saying ‘where there is a will there is a way’ has truth in it.” I was so excited! That just opened up all kinds of possibilities for me. It means I can get up in the morning, tell the Lord I am willing to achieve ABC today, ask for the grace and the way to be made for me to achieve and then get busy. Isn’t he a good God?!!

Well, that is my plan moving forward. I pray about what I need to do. Tell him I am willing to accomplish those things within the given time and then ask for grace and a way to be made. This is going to be fun! I always enjoy my projects with the Lord.

No comments: