Monday, August 23, 2010

Masters...

I majored in biology and minored in psychology. At the time, I was pretty sure I wanted to study medicine. However, that MCAT proved too much for me so I tried the school of nursing and was accepted for a Masters in Nursing. Unfortunately, I could not afford to pay for it and they had no scholarships for me. At that time I felt so lost, but God had plans for me and he told me to come back home.

I had put in about 2 years of hospital experience at the time and when I came back home I went into call centers for some reason. Once again at the time I was not able to decipher where God was going with all this. A few years later, I am the MD of an HIV management company. I have put in a year in this field and will continue doing my thing as God allows.

The funny thing now is that we are talking about e-solutions for peer education to manage HIV and other wellness issues. Who knew that we could combine the two? My experience is just perfect for this field.

The other day I was talking to someone about how much I had wanted to study an MPH and tropical diseases and how it had backfired in my face. As I spoke, something in me began to wake up. All these years I have been struggling with which Masters to take. I felt that I needed and desired one, but I couldn't figure out which. Everyone thought I should take an MBA because I was so into management, but I was never cut out for that. Nothing else appealed to me. Then last year I thought I would study peace and conflict resolution and that too did not feel right. God made sure I couldn't take it. But this MPH... This has me kicking into action. I believe this is finally the one.

Lord knows I need to make up my mind and get to it!!

No comments: