Thursday, August 5, 2010

Freedom of the Mind!

This morning I got up to read my Bible and the pages just fell open to Proverbs Chapter 4. My eyes fell on the title "Wisdom is Supreme." I said a prayer and began reading it. Then I heard the Lord say to me "First Worship me, so that your spirit can open up and be receptive to my word." So I began to do that. As I began to worship I began to see the picture of a large spider sitting on the top of my forehead. Its long legs came down to just above my eyes and the rest covered my brain. Clearly it had made its home here and had spread a web all over my brain. My brain was so covered in web, it looked like it was wrapped up in clear nylon wrap.

I immediately began to pray and rebuke that spirit. I prayed for my brain and my mind not fully understanding why this spirit was attacking my mind. After I had prayed, I felt a real physical freedom, like my mind exhaled and was free for the first time in a long time. Then God began to remind me of the vision I had a few years ago where I was taken up to heaven and the Spirit of God lay his hand on my forehead and imparted wisdom to me. This spider spirit had come to ensure that the wisdom God had imparted on me would not be my portion.

As I continued praying for my mind the words "Frontal Lobe" kept coming to mind. First, the Holy Spirit had laid his hand on my forehead where the frontal lobe is located. Secondly, the spider was sitting on this same lobe. So I did a small study on the functions of the frontal lobe and this is what I discovered:
  • The front part of frontal lobe is involved in planning, organizing, problem solving, selective attention, personality and a variety of executive functions or “higher cognitive functions” including behavior and emotions
  • It is responsible for the enthusiasm and drive, social nerves, behavior, reaction to varying situations, capacity to plan ahead and the occupation of skills in language.
  • The executive functions of the frontal lobes involve the ability to recognize future consequences resulting from current actions, to choose between good and bad actions (or better and best), override and suppress unacceptable social responses, and determine similarities and differences between things or events. Therefore, it is involved in higher mental functions.
  • The frontal lobes are involved in motor function, problem solving, spontaneity, memory, language, initiation, judgement, impulse control, and social and sexual behavior.
  • Front part of the brain; involved in planning, organizing, problem solving, selective attention, personality and a variety of "higher cognitive functions" including behavior and emotions.
With my calling in business these are all the skills I need to become extraordinary in my field. This nasty spirit was inhibiting all that. And guess what? The frontal lobe also has executive function meaning that it acts as a command center for other cognitive (mental) processes. It sends messages and inhibits or overrides others.

The executive functions are often invoked when it is necessary to override responses that might otherwise be automatically elicited by stimuli in the external environment. For example, on being presented with a potentially rewarding stimulus, such as a tasty piece of chocolate cake, a person might have the automatic response to take a bite. However, where such behaviour conflicts with internal plans (such as having decided not to eat chocolate cake while on a diet), the executive functions might be engaged to inhibit that response.

Basically, where naturally you would conform to the image of this world, the executive functions of the frontal lobe kick in so that you don't do what the world expects of you. Instead, you reach into the word of God in your spirit and override the natural instincts so you can do what God would have you do. Transformation, by the renewing of your mind!!!!

Some of those functions include:

  1. Those that involve planning or decision making.
  2. Those that involve error correction or troubleshooting.
  3. Situations where responses are not well-rehearsed or contain novel sequences of actions.
  4. Dangerous or technically difficult situations.
  5. Situations that require the overcoming of a strong habitual response or resisting temptation
This is everything one has to deal with in business and that I am currently facing. I thank God for a mind that is free to receive his wisdom in every one of these situations. Now I can be an even greater light to my generation. God is awesome!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a blessing. Two days ago, I had a similar dream where a tac was nailed on my forehead and I am currently praying and studying about wisdom for things I desire to do as I dream of being a recording music minister as well as an entrepreneur. I took the communnion cos as I woke up, there was a pain on the spot. Now I'll trust God to develop more in wisdom, knowledge and understaning cos that's God's desire for me! Thanks be unto God who always causes me to triumph in Christ!