Friday, December 19, 2008

The Day of my Visitation

One thing is for sure, I do NOT want to be like Jerusalem, not knowing the day of my visitation and therefore suffering a lack of peace and even defeat.

Luke 19

41And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,

42Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.

43For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,

44And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

The Lord is talking to me about a very significant opportunity that I must catch or I will be pretty miserable thereafter. He says not to look at the wrapping in which he sends the gift. Not to judge by outside appearance (1 Sam 16). He is sending me a gift this Christmas and I thank him for it. Lord, open my eyes to see your gift. Help me to see past the outside, the wrapping paper, but to take the time to open my gift and enjoy it. Lord, I am human and you know my tendencies. Help me to see as you see, put some salve on my eyes so that they can be opened to see truly. I open my heart and mind to this gift. I acknowledge the time of my visitation and believe that this is both my chronos and kairos time. I bless you Lord for you are good. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments: