Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!

Today is the last day of yet another year and I am blessed. It has been a great year and I have seen God's hand in many areas especially my career. Of course there have been highs and lows but I have been very blessed in everything. There are things that I had hoped to have this year that did not happen, like shed the extra weight and find a mate. However, my blessings and achievements are far more than my disappointments.

I took the time to meet with God for 6 days to discuss the year 2009 and to seek him about it. Two things were promised to me:

a) Every barren place in my life will be watered by the river of God and bear fruit in 2009.

b) Every dark and shadowy place in my life will be illuminated by his Light (Glory) in 2009.

I am blessed and excited and cannot wait for tomorrow. On my end I have purposed to do the following in the new year:

a) Spend two hours with the Lord in prayer and bible study daily.
b) Read the Bible through in 2009. I bought the One Year Bible today in order to make it easier.
c) Go back to school to study my Masters.
d) Participate in the 21 day fast at my Church in January.
e) Change jobs so I can do something less demanding of my time, thus allowing me to participate in various church events.
f) Live out each month, week and day purposefully. I want to set goals that will enable me to achieve much in the given period of time.
g) Save 10k monthly.

My focus is set and I feel really good about this year. I know God has a plan for me. I want to find that plan and work it like crazy in 2009. I want to seek him and find him, because I will seek him with all my heart. I can't wait. I am blessed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: