Friday, September 25, 2009

The Red Cord Is At The Window!

My 33rd year is going to be a year of Faith and power like never before. This is the word God has given me for this next season of my Life.

35Do not, therefore, fling away your fearless confidence, for it carries a great and glorious compensation of reward.

36For you have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish the will of God, and thus receive and [a]carry away [and enjoy to the full] what is promised.


37For still a little while (a very little while), and the Coming One will come and He will not delay.

38But the just shall live by faith [My righteous servant shall live [b]by his conviction respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, and holy fervor born of faith and conjoined with it]; and if he draws back and shrinks in fear, My soul has no delight or pleasure in him.(B)

39But our way is not that of those who draw back to eternal misery (perdition) and are utterly destroyed, but we are of those who believe [who cleave to and trust in and rely on God through Jesus Christ, the Messiah] and by faith preserve the soul.


Hebrews 11
1NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, [c]the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].

2For by [faith--[d]trust and holy fervor born of faith] the men of old had divine testimony borne to them and obtained a good report.

This season is a season of FAITH. It is not a season of shrinking back with fear. It is a season of OBEDIENCE. This is what shall save me and take me to the other side. In line with this word the Lord began speaking to me about the prostitute Rahab in Jericho.

This girl had no idea what the future held for her. She was a sinner through and through and knew it. Like all of Jericho she had heard about the God of Israel and was trembling in fear. When she saw the spies, she could have raised the alarm and said "here are the guys who want to kill us," but instead she hid them and asked them to spare her life and that of her relatives.

She received a set of instructions: Gather your people in your house and keep them here. Then tie this red cord to your window so we can locate you. The truth of the matter is that had she chosen to disobey, she would have died with the rest of the city. Her obedience in faith is what saved her and her family. Hence she is listed in Hebrews 11:31

"[Prompted] by faith Rahab the prostitute was not destroyed along with those who refused to believe and obey, because she had received the spies in peace [without enmity]."

She believed and obeyed and experienced the mercies of the God of Israel. And guess what, she ended up marrying Salmon who was an ancestor of Kind David and of Jesus our Messiah. That is what faith does.

So in this next season, I will keep a fearless confidence in my God. No Shaking!! No Fear!! I will be steadfast in patience and endurance until Christ is formed in me and I fulfill all the will of God for this season. Then and only then can I see the promises of God fulfilled in my life. Just a little while longer and my savior will come with his great reward in his hand.

I must press in by faith for if I do not do so my Master will find no pleasure in me. The just shall live by faith and without it I can never please my God. If I shrink back from what the Lord commands I will not be pleasing to him. No Shaking!! I am not of them that shrink back and are destroyed, I am of them that believe, holding on to faith, and are saved!!

So what was the red cord about? It was a symbol of her faith. It was the covering of the blood of Jesus, which means that we look to Christ and are saved. It was a signal to God and Israel saying here I am. I am counted among the righteous and I am not destroyed. This year there is no shrinking back. There is no fear. No shaking and trembling. This year is about faith in God. Keeping my eyes focused on him and forgetting the elements. This is my season to walk on water. No sinking!! This season my red cord is at the window. This is my season of supernatural encounters, my year to eat the open book, my year to see as He sees, my year to walk in the promises of God. This is my year of divine revelation, a business anointing that you only read about in books, this is the year he sets me apart and works exploits through me.

And you have a front row seat to the movie of my life via this blog. What shall I say unto the Lord? All I have to say is THANK YOU LORD!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gal....i love your faith!!!! Evertime i read this blog am left transformed and inspired.you are a blessing to this generation! Amen and Amen
Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!Kenyan Gal...you are THE BEST and i love you!!
Regards
Winnie.