Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Do NOT Conform Any Longer

Romans 12:2

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

I have read that verse many times before. I have heard preachers expound on it on various topics but I have never heard it, the way I did today. Today the Spirit of God spoke to me loud and clear as I studied money and giving and said just that first part of the verse.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world..."

I heard it as a command. I am no longer to think about money the way the world does. I am no longer to handle money the way the world does. I am to look to God for guidance on how to think and handle finances. The New living translation puts the second part of that sentence as follows:

"...but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think."

I must let him transform me. I must let him change my thought process. I must yield to God if I am to excel in the grace of giving. It is a radical place to be. A radical way to live. To those who are perishing it is foolishness, but to those who are looking to eternal life, this is pure wisdom and light.

May the God of all light illuminate our hearts, spirits, souls and minds so that we are transformed by him in our thinking and in our attitudes towards money and giving. And from today we conform no longer. We stop thinking about finances the way this world does and take a new approach. A Jesus approach.

No comments: