Saturday, May 21, 2011

Feeling Inadequate!

Today was one of those days where I felt very inadequate as a woman. I'm talking to my BFF who is a Sanguine. She is good at showing emotion and expressing her love, good at making conversation, drawing people out of their shells etc... I on the other hand can make conversation but if you are in a shell, I'll let you stay there. I will rarely, if ever, try to coax someone to tell what they are thinking or feeling or whatever. I am not emotionally expressive and don't show love unless I feel very comfortable with you...and that could take a while.

Well, so we were talking about these guys that we feel drawn to as friends and thinking about how we can help them with some of the stuff they are doing. Here I am talking about it from the business end of things. You know? Like I can assist here and give some ideas there and she says that she will let them handle business and when they leave all that she will assist in allowing them to debrief to her. I'm like what? Here I'm talking about giving them business ideas and she's talking about being their personal psychologist!

Honestly, I have never felt less feminine than I did at that moment. I thought to myself, if this is what a woman is supposed to be like, I have so missed the plot. I almost felt like I was offering the wrong kind of help. Like I was going to be considered one of the guys and not a girl. Is this why guys are attracted to her? I really wondered about that.

Then I realized that God has made each woman suitable to be a helper to her own husband. My kind of help will be much needed when I do meet my husband. He will still be able to debrief with me and will also appreciate that I can help with business, organize the home and all the other things that choleric women are strong at. Needless to say, my self worth was out of the gutter!

No comments: