Friday, May 20, 2011

God Knows My Heart!

Oh Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.
You know when I sit or stand.
When far away you know my every thought.
You chart the path ahead of me, and tell me where to stop and rest.
Every moment you know where I am.
You know what I am going to say before I even say it.
You both precede and follow me, and place your hand of blessing on my head.

... I can never be lost to your Spirit! I can never get away from my God!
...You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe.
Every day was recorded in your book!
How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly!
I can't even count how many times a day your thoughts turn towards me.
And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me!

... Search me, O God, and know my heart; test my thoughts.
Point out anything you find in me that makes you sad,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

Psalm 139 (The Living Bible)

So often I forget that you are thinking of me. That my days are all planned out by you Lord. I am not forgotten. You think about me constantly... how you love me, how you want to bless me, what additional good you can bring into my life. You ponder the path of my feet and think about the next step before I even know where I'm at currently. When I go to bed you are thinking about me, and when I wake up your thoughts are still on me. I love you Lord with all my heart. You know this full well.

I submit my life, my will, my all to you once again. Lead me in the way everlasting. Fulfill in my life each day that is written in your book. I want nothing less! Who I'm I that you are mindful of me? That you hear me when I call? It is true that your ear is inclined towards me constantly and you keep me as the apple of your eye. Were the enemy to touch me, you would rise up Oh Lion of Judah and tear him to pieces for me.

Search my heart Oh God and know my thoughts. See the desires of my heart and fulfill them in accordance with your will. Point out those things in my life that make you sad and help me change them. All I want is to bring you honor and glory with all that I am.

Daddy, I never want to bring you shame or to let you down. I want more than anything, to be a daughter you can be proud of. Give me the wisdom I need to navigate this season of my life.

No comments: