Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Love Them Regardless

Loving people is a challenge for just about anyone, but for us Choleric's it is a chore! Hard work! A choleric may love you but be unable to show that love, especially if there is a chance that it will not be returned. Can you imagine the drama of having a crush on a guy who looks like he doesn't know you exist in that sense? Help me Jesus!!!

Well, I generally don't want to invest myself emotionally on anything or anyone if the end result is not already semi guaranteed. These situations where you are not sure of what the result or response will be do not work for me one bit. I need to have an inkling that you like me or want to be with me before I can show you that I like you. You know what I mean?!!

Anyway, there is this guy. I have no idea what it is about him that I like so much. Even though I like him, it is from afar. I am not even trying to invest my emotions on him and end up with a broken heart. As I was meditating on that and trying to figure out how I can be his friend without over investing myself I hear the voice of the Lord tell me that I am to love all people as he loves me.

I look up at the ceiling, raise one eyebrow and ask "how is that?" He goes on to show me that while we were yet sinners, while we had nothing to attract us to him, he loved us. So much so, that he took the ultimate gamble and gave up his life for us. He invested himself in man, body, soul and spirit and waited to see if we would accept his love for us and return the same. To date, he is still waiting for some to say yes Lord, but for those who accept and love the Lord Jesus, his gamble has paid off big time!!

So, I am not suggesting that you get careless with your heart, but sometimes you just need to go in the deep end and love some of these people regardless of whether they will love you back or not. Isn't that what Christ did for you? So I am determined to love this guy the way Christ loved me. To invest my time, emotions, prayers etc... in him. If he ever loves me back, great! If he never does, my love tank will remain full, because Jesus, the lover of my soul is doing an excellent job of loving me.


No comments: