Wednesday, June 15, 2011

He Will Keep You From Falling In a Trap

I have always been a cautious person.  Especially in matters of the heart.  It takes me a long time to allow myself to fully love someone.  That has been my defense in many ways because I have not really ever been hurt by a guy.  By the time we break up, I still haven't let myself love you like that.  I have also never been the person who goes out and gets stinking drunk.  Even when I use to put away the liqueur I would get just tipsy enough to be happy go lucky without being stupid.

Lately God has been encouraging me to be more daring or to let myself go a little and just love on people.  This, especially if it is related to guys, makes me think "No Way."  However, he said something that made me feel a lot better. God will never let one of his own be caught in the net of the wicked or fall into a pit that they have dug.  Ours is to keep an eye on Jesus and follow the commands that he gives us.  There is no need to be afraid of living life for fear of making mistakes.  God will watch over you and make sure that you are safe.

Ps 121 is one of my favorite psalms.  It says that God watches over me and he neither slumbers nor sleeps.  He is a guard for my soul.  Ps 139 says that he goes before me and comes behind me.  He goes out before me to find a place for me to rest and still keeps a rear guard on me.  He literally has my back.  Do you know that in the time that Israel wandered in the desert the angel of the Lord would go before them to identify a place for them to pitch camp?  He can do the same thing for you and if you are like me, you can trust him to guide your desires, choices and more.

No comments: