Thursday, August 23, 2007

Trusting him along the way


Sometimes it seems you are walking merrily down the road of life and you know exactly where you are going, and nothing can distract you. Until you come to a fork in the road, and your not so sure which way to take. It gets even more complicated when the way you think you should be travelling turns out not to be the one your maker wants you to travel.

Proverbs 14:12
"There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death"



He stands in front of you and says "give me your life, your hopes, your ambitions, your will." That can throw you for a loop. That is when you have to trust him and believe that when you hand over everything to him, it is in exchange for a higher calling.

Sometimes the way we are going does not seem wrong, yet it leads to death. For example being a workaholic. Working is not wrong but when over done can lead to stress, lack of time to spend with God, lack of time with family etc. That could lead to death in your physical body (illness and death), death in your spiritual life (separation from God) and death in your family (no relationship with family, divorce)

When God asks you to surrender all to him, even when your way seems good. Remember that he sees all and knows when and where you will be most satisfied and fulfilled in life. I have covenanted with my God, that he will be God to me and my descendants forever. That means I am his and he is mine. It means I trust him completely and give all to him. It means if he says go East when I really want to go West, I turn and go towards the rising sun. And his Glory will surely rise on me and I will be blessed because I trusted him.

"Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the LORD rises upon you."

Isaiah 60:1

No comments: