Tuesday, August 7, 2007

CHOOSE LIFE

Reading Deuteronomy 30 just makes you want to pray. It says:

vs 15 "See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction"

How many times do I choose death and destruction every day sometimes knowingly and willingly? How many times does God speak to my conscience and ask me to choose life and I turn my back on the truth and walk willingly into the darkness? Yet he clearly says that those things that I think are too hard to do or to walk in are not.

"11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. 12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, "Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, "Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" 14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it."

That basically says there is no excuse. All I can say is forgive me Lord and help me to walk in you ways according to your word:

"6 The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live."

I choose life that I and my descendants after me may live.

No comments: