Thursday, August 30, 2007

Adonai



The word Adonai in hebrew means Lord, as in Master. I was challenged today about the Lordship of Jesus in my life. I want to put the challenge out there too. Is he truly Adonai to you? Are you in full submission to his will and his plans for you? Do you call him "Lord, Lord" and not do what he says? Submitting to God in everything may mean relinquishing your hold on your life, your hopes, your dreams, your ambitions, your will, even your physical body, and giving them over to Him so that he can truly live and reign in your life. After you have done that, you can then go to him and call him Jehovah Rapha (healer), Jehovah Nissi (Victory and Banner), El Shaddai (All sufficient One) etc. Are you truly submitted to God? I came up short this morning, but I have resolved that he shall indeed be Lord over my life. The word says that our hearts are wicked and deceitful. Could it be that your heart has deceived you into thinking he is Lord over every area of your life when there are areas not surrendered to him yet. Confess your sin, he is faithful to forgive, ask him to cleanse you and to put in you a pure heart. Without deceit. That every area of your life may be truly surrendered to him.

"Against you, you only have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge...Cleanse me with Hyssop and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow... Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."
Psalm 51:4,7,10

No comments: