Monday, June 8, 2009

Where is the God of Elijah?

God has been so faithful in so many ways over the last few weeks. I have been working hard but most of all I have been seeking his face. I am reading the Bible through this year and have made remarkable progress (if i do say so myself). And I can't help but wonder if we serve the same God as some of these guys.

Elijah was fire happy. Called down fire like there was no tomorrow and God honored his word. Peter, Stephen and Paul are seeing miracles happen in the New Testament with visions and angelic visitation almost being a normal occurrence. I mean God talks to these people by any means necessary.

Elisha asks after Elijah is taken away 'Where is the God of Elijah?' He was in essence asking God to manifest in his life like he did in the life of Elijah the Tishbite. My heart has began to cry out for some of these things to happen in my life. Where is the God of Elijah, Elisha, David, Ezekiel, Peter, Paul and all the other men of God I read about every day?

I yearn to know him more. I want to come up higher. To go to a new dimension where he speaks to me in visions and dreams. A place where he sends angels to give me understanding like he did with Daniel. Where is the God of Daniel, Joseph, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? Where is the God of Moses and Joshua? The God who can part the sea and bring down a wall at the sound of a shout and trumpets? Where is this God of Miracles who would manifest so powerfully for these men of God?

If he is indeed the same yesterday, today and forever - A God who changes not and shows no partiality, he can manifest in my life the same way. I want more. I want to go in deeper. I want to be filled and submerged in the Holy Spirit of God who is the power of God. I don't know when or how, but I want to go to a new dimension and God, by his Spirit, is taking me there.

The word of the Lord says that the Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. And he does so that he may reveal them to us. I want to know more Holy Spirit. Reveal more of this God to me. Lord, it is the cry of my heart. More of you. I want more of you. Where is the God of Elijah?

No comments: