Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Living Sacrifice

I have been telling God that I want to be a living sacrifice that is acceptable to him. Being a living sacrifice means that he is all you live for. That all you do is for him and because of him. I have never really understood the living sacrifice concept. Jesus really lived it out though.

Jesus said that even the words he spoke were what he heard the Father say. He said that he only did that which he saw his Father doing. Again he said that his Father was always at work, therefore he too had to keep working. And ultimately, he died on the cross for us because the Father wanted him to. That is a living sacrifice.

As a living sacrifice, you are no longer your own. You belong to God in every way. Your relationships, your words, your thoughts, your works and everything about you is governed by God's word. If God does not do it, you don't do it. If you are not doing this, no matter how much you claim to be a living sacrifice you are missing the boat and God cannot accept that.

I usually pour out my heart in this blog and there are many things in this blog that I consider private. Because of that, I have chosen to be anonymous and not put up my pictures. However, the other day the Lord urged me to put this blog address on my facebook profile so that all my friends could access it. That was difficult. Then the Lord reminded me that I was not my own. He wants to use this blog to bless others and to bring them into the Kingdom of God.

Anyway, I am going to put up my picture and the like so you all can see me now. But not today... I have to run to church so I can get a good seat at the Daughters of Zion Meeting. See you there!!

No comments: