Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Grief, Sorrow and Pain

I am weary on the inside. Worn out and burnt out. Dad passed away on the 13th of March and we had a hectic few days of funeral arrangements and such. Then my friend Mama Jimmy, passed away yesterday the 22nd of March. I have not even come to terms with my dads death when a woman I consider a mother also passes away. What is this? It feels like I am under siege and only God can take me out, yet he has allowed it to happen and refuses to get me out of this sinkhole.

In the midst of all my sorrow and pain I am aware of only one thing. That I am alone. That no one can really truly know how I feel or what I am going through. That I have to go through this on my own and come out on the other side. There is a light at the end of the tunnel right? I need that light. My soul is dark and sorrowful. I need laughter and joy. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. But how far away is the morning? How many more hours before the morning comes?

Why so downcast oh my soul? Put your hope in God. I will yet praise him, my redeemer, my friend, my love, my life. I will yet praise him. In the midst of my tears, with my heart heavily burdened, I will praise the Lord my God who holds my future in his hand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello maiden of the Lord.

I stumbled upon your blog today. I have been in a pit for 4 years, until two days ago. I lost my dad, my home, my job. I asked God for a word and He gave me something that has lifted me out of the horrible pit of depression. The word is this, Amplified version...Romans 4 the end of verse 20. but he grew strong and was empowered by faith, AS HE GAVE PRAISE AND GLORY TO GOD!!

Talking about Abraham. Then read verses 19-22

Listen, when you give God glory for a Word that He has already promised you, your faith will increase. His Word IS TRUE. The glory you give him will increase your faith and you will grow strong. In fact, you will be given more of His Word, because He will remind you of the Words that are written on tablets of your heart.

Glorify Him, Glorify Him, Glorify Him, PRAISE HIM, PRAISE HIM, PRAISE HIM...

Anonymous said...

kenyangal,

I just left you a message about Romans 4. Just wanted to tell you that it's no accident that I found your blog. I would like for you to be my friend and pray for me. This is morning for you!! Seriously. I have many things I would like to share with you about my life. I have my own business and would like to discuss it with you. My website is www.casn.biz I also host a small business fair. www.indianabusinessfair.com.

I was looking up the power to get wealth, because that is what I felt the Lord was speaking to me about today. I have been just surviving on hardly and income, but still feel this is God's will for me to do this business.

I came across your blog site and printed it off... then I looked up your latest post, which was today! I asked God to put people in my path that I could minister to. I think we can help each other in the Lord.

I don't want anything from you except friendship and prayer. I'd like to do the same for you.

Pray about it and see what God says.

I also read what Bill Yount said on your blog this month! You have encouraged me, more than you know.

It's not time to stop, it's time to keep going and see what God is going to do in your life.

Glorify Him! By the way, I'm Cathy.

My email address is cathyp@casn.biz, if you'd like to write me there.

kenyangal said...

You are a blessing to me. I will email you shortly.

aliyinza said...

Aww... I am truly sorry to hear about your dad... ((((hug)))) Don't know what to say but I will be praying for you.