Thursday, March 25, 2010

Transition

Since yesterday I have felt this need to get on the move. To get over the time of grief and get on with life and God is the one pushing me. He just made me laugh today because I can just hear him saying "Dad's fine, move along now." Turns out I was not the only one it happened to. Joshua 1:1-2 tells of how the Lord got Joshua moving after the death of Moses.

"...Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them - to the Israelites." I can almost hear him saying "Yeah, yeah, get over it already!" I'm so tickled! I bet God looks at us and thinks, "What's all this crying? They are in a better place you know?"

The weird thing is that I feel a whole new season of my life coming on. Like Dad's death marked the end of one phase of my life and the beginning of another. Just like it did for Joshua. He was no longer Moses' personal assistant but the leader of a tribe of people. He was the one who took them through the transition from former slaves wondering in the desert to land owners, possessing the land with every step they took.

I have wanted to get my Masters for a long time but I have never found anything that I wanted to Master in. Weird if you know me. I tend to be very decisive and can't remember any other occasion where I did not know exactly what I wanted to do. On Monday for some reason I started researching Universities and different courses of study. I also started to look up scholarships and fellowships as I am not particularly interested in struggling to pay my fees. From nowhere, I began to find all these funding opportunities that I was actually eligible for. How weird! I had never found any before. Some of the sources of funding I thought were from organizations that I had never considered before but the Lord urged me to apply. He said that in the Bible the Babylonians funded Daniels education and he outshone them all.

No comments: