Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lend and DO NOT borrow!

God is giving me such sound financial advice. I am loving it! Ecclesiastes 11:4,6

"Whoever watches the wind will not plant;
whoever looks at the clouds will not reap...
Sow your seed in the morning,
and at evening let not your hands be idle,
for you do not know which will succeed,
whether this or that,
or whether both will do equally well."

vs 4 talks about people who wait for ideal situations before they can sow their seed. God said to stop waiting for ideal situations before I can invest. Start where you are and work your way up. Don't say "when i have a little more money, when I get married, when ..." There will never be an ideal situation so make a habit of investing now, regardless of your situation. Sow your seed and trust Jehovah for the harvest. He is Lord of the harvest.

v6 talks about keeping busy constantly sowing your seed. Don't just do one thing. Find ways to do more than one money making activity. You never know which one will excel and or even if both will do equally well. Avoid idleness at all costs. Stay busy from morning till evening and God will bless your efforts. Instill a culture of staying busy in your children. Idleness is an enemy!

The above verses tie in perfectly with the following passage:

Deuteronomy 28:12

"The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none"

As you get busy sowing seed, God will cause his rain to come and will give you a mighty harvest. Once you get your harvest you are to lend and not borrow. I have been considering where to save or invest what God has given me but I had a wrong perspective.

1) I was thinking about investing and in my mind (for some weird reason) I was thinking, "do I really want to tie down money in some investment project".

2) I was thinking of putting the bulk of my savings into a sacco or other banking system that would lend me money in the future should I need to borrow.

Then the Lord asked me, 'What do Banks do where lending is concerned?' So I said 'they give money to an individual or organization and then ask the person to pay it back with interest.' The Lord said to me "Be the Bank!" He said to me that I should consider investing as lending money to someone who will then pay it back to me with interest, not as tying down money.

Another thing he needed to point out and correct was my expectation that I would need to borrow at some point in the future. The Lord said to line up my thinking with his word. That I will only be a lender and not a borrower. He said to align my mind and wealth creation strategy to 2 Corinthians 9:8

"And God is able to make all grace (every favor and [c]earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need [d]be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation].

Is that deep or what? My motto is lend and do not borrow. I will invest only and not borrow. The situation will never be ideal. Work with what you have, where you are and God who is the Lord of the harvest will safeguard your seed and ensure you receive the harvest you are believing him for.

No comments: