Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Getting Our Minds Straight!

Yesterday I mentioned that I felt as if I had just been sucked into God's Gulf Stream current and that he was carrying me swiftly along with him as he went about his business. I am learning about another dimension of giving that goes beyond anything I have ever known. Until now I thought I was a giver, but looking at the Bible I find others who out gave me by much. My heart is now crying out to God for the grace of giving. Oh, that I may excel in the grace of giving!

God has called each one of us that is in the marketplace and strategically placed us where we are so that he can direct the wealth of the wicked into our hands through commerce. But what is the purpose of this wealth? Is it just so that we may live large and eat well and say "This is how the Lord honors those that love him!" I think not. I believe that God wants to bring this wealth into our hands so that we can make his world right again. We must have the mindset that the money belongs to him, and that we are only managers of his silver and his gold.

'The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD Almighty.

That said, we must therefore look at the work of our hands as a ministry. This is our calling. This is our ministry and we are anointed for it. The word anointing means "set aside for divine use" that means that we have been set aside for the holy use of the Lord in the marketplace.

Many times I have shared with you the scriptures found in Isaiah 45:1-7 and have told you often that this is my mandate in life. However, I have never fully understood how God intended to give me the "hidden treasures in secret places." Further, he says that he will set open doors before me so that gates are not shut. I just couldn't figure out how he was going to do that. Until yesterday. Finally, my eyes were opened. I felt like this person who had been staring at a wall, trying to find the secret passageway that led to the treasure. I knew that there was a secret passageway, but I just couldn't find it. So I stood there and just kept staring at the wall and asking God to reveal it.

Well, I found the secret passage way. Here it is:

Understanding that I am the steward and God is the owner of all the wealth he puts in my hand. Therefore I must always seek him for direction on HOW TO SPEND IT.

Understanding that he puts it in my world so that I can transform the world around me and make Christ known. Wealth is for spiritual and social transformation.

Understanding that this world is not my home and therefore this is not where I should pile my treasures. My treasures must be piled up in heaven where rust and moth cannot destroy.

Once you begin to get this concept, you will feel yourself sucked into God's current and the light bulb will go on in you as well.


No comments: