Friday, November 26, 2010

Amazed at God!

Who is this God we serve? This great and awesome God who sits upon the throne. The earth and the sky see him and flee, folding up like a scroll. Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty, the whole earth is full of his glory! This great and awesome God has chosen me. I cry out with Isaiah "My eyes have seen the King!" He has chosen me. I am in awe of him.

This God has stooped down to make me great! He has chosen me, one who was counted among the foolish of the earth, that he may confound the wise. I am the least likely, but he has chosen me to do the almighty! Who I'm I Lord, that you are mindful of me?!

1 Samuel 2

5 Those who were full hire themselves out for food,
but those who were hungry are hungry no more.
She who was barren has borne seven children,

but she who has had many sons pines away.

6 “The LORD brings death and makes alive;
he brings down to the grave and raises up.
7 The LORD sends poverty and wealth;
he humbles and he exalts.
8 He raises the poor from the dust
and lifts the needy from the ash heap;
he seats them with princes
and has them inherit a throne of honor.

“For the foundations of the earth are the LORD’s;
on them he has set the world.
9 He will guard the feet of his faithful servants,
but the wicked will be silenced in the place of darkness.

“It is not by strength that one prevails;

No comments: