Friday, June 8, 2007

Maiden Voyage

This is my first blog ever!! hence the title of it. I'm glad though seeing as we are totally into the information age and actually walking into the age of creativity (per Tom Peters).

I'm a very entrepreneurial mind, and I have actually started this blog to document my journey into the world of business. I am also very religious, and so most of my blogs will talk about what God has done for me, or the beef I have with him etc... That too, is a journey.

Right now I am totally excited about the ICT revolution that is happening in Kenya, and totally ecstatic that the government is backing young people up so we can develop our country. I am very patriotic, and already sold out to President Kibaki's vision 2030. I'm excited about it because I can see the economy growing and I want to be a part of that as well.

This morning I almost pissed my pants when I read the paper. The government will be training young people and then helping them set up village ICT centres in their various towns. I want to be a part of that so bad, my tummy is cramping from it. I'm putting in for it. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I will definitely keep you informed.

By the way, I also put in for the BID challenge. I should be knowing some time this month if my idea made it to phase II of the competition. Somehow, I have faith that God will work it all out for me. I will keep you posted on that as well.

Today I read an interesting bible verse in Habakkuk 3, that God's power is hidden in his hand and I remembered a prophecy I read not too long ago that said to declare God's hand over everything I do. I thought that was awesome! In declaring Gods hand, I am declaring his power over all I do. That gives me the courage I need to step out in faith and be an entrepreneur.

I think that's it on the maiden blog. Thanks for telling me all about it james.

No comments: