Thursday, June 14, 2007

My knower glowed!

Gosh!! I went out 3 weeks ago with some friends and had a ball. I practically danced all night. While there I noticed this guy dancing kinda old school, but he was having a ball. Being the outgoing person I am, I started teasing him about his old school dancing. We hit it off, but I still kept to my friends and he to his.
Well, yesterday evening after work I was meeting a friend at Wimpy, but she was running late so I went ahead and ordered tea. When I looked up, I noticed this good looking guy also ordering and realised it was the guy from 3 weeks ago. When he looked up I waved to say hi, not sure if he remembered me. He did, and immediately came over to my table. We yupped for the next hour until my friend came.

He is a Doctor working in Embu at the General Hospital. He graduated in 2005 and is four years younger than me. He is one of those genuinely nice guys. We talked about everything. Work, medicine, our friends.... and we laughed a lot. I really like him. The kuku thing is that he is not really the kind of guy I would see myself with. He is not stunning, he is short though buff, he is in medicine and not business.... but he is just a really nice guy. He didn't hit on me at all. But he said that he had regretted not taking my number that night and not dancing with me enough. He said they went home talking about me that night.
He left to go back to Embu and Maggie and I hang out and talked about all kinds of other things. All the time we were talking I was thinking about him, how much I really enjoyed talking to him. Later as I walked to catch a matatu home I realised I was glowing on the inside. It wasn't physical attraction as I know it, or my heart flattering, or anything like that. But there was something happening on the inside of me that I couldn't quite place a finger on. When I got home I realised what it was: My Knower was glowing!!!!!
All I can ask is for an opportunity to get to know him better. He will be back in town on Friday and will give me a shout. I really want to see him again. There could be something there. Who knows? The only thing I know is that My Knower Glowed!!!!

No comments: