Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Law of Reciprocation

The Kingdom of heaven is governed by laws, just like nations or organizations are governed by laws. One of the laws is the law of reciprocation. To reciprocate means:

To return like for like
To make some sort of return for something done, given
To give or take mutually; interchange.
To show, feel, or give in response or return.
To make a return for something given or done.
To be complementary or equivalent.

Hence we find phrases like these in the Bible:

"Give, and it will be given to you"
"With the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
"Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors"
"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

This same law is what God uses between himself and us:
"We love because he first loved us."

Because he wanted us to come to him, he gave his son so we may give ourselves to him. He loved us so we could love him. He blesses us and we bless him back with worship and praise.

Now, that means that if I need something from God I must give something first to activate the law of reciprocation. If I want him to be concerned about my house I must be concerned about his house. If I need him to heal me, I must bring "healing" to him through praising him for the healer that he is. If I am lonely and I need his presence, I must make my presence felt in heaven by my worship of the King and by operating in faith.

Everytime you need something from the Lord or man, you must activate the law of reciprocation. If you want friends, the Bible says you must first show yourself friendly. If you want me to smile at you, smile at me first. If you want to get to know me, come introduce yourself to me and lets have a chat.

I really have never thought of it as a law before. Now I know!!!

No comments: