Thursday, May 22, 2008

BOLDNESS

Sometimes I find myself dreading to make a call and solicit a client. If I send out an email or a letter, I find that I am afraid to follow up, and sometimes I give up on it. How many clients have I lost this way? Today the Lord revealed to me that I am a coward and really the motivator behind these actions is fear. Fear is not of God! It is specially designed in hell to paralyze us so that we are unable to take dominion. The following verses in Joshua 1 blessed my heart and caused me to vow with the help of the Holy Spirit to become bolder. To pursue hard after my clients and to take possession of the Land!

Joshua 1:3-9

"I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses...No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous... Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

So boldness is a function of knowing that God is with you wherever you go, whatever you do. Now that I think about it who wouldn't be with the Almighty God backing them up. Boldness is not a suggestion, it is a COMMAND! Not being bold and courageous is really holding God in contempt. You are really saying "Lord, I don't know if you can handle this one". I repent Lord.

The Bible says in Proverbs 28:1 that "...the righteous are bold as a lion." and you are the righteousness of God in Christ, the word says that he gave him who had no sin, that we may become the righteousness of God. Be Bold!

I pray that this blog gives you the boldness to do whatever God has called you to do. He is backing you up. Be bold as a lion!

No comments: