Monday, May 5, 2008

Wary of the Supernatural Part II

I hope that you meditated on Friday's post and I also hope that it did not sound too spooky. I promised to tell you today of my other visitation that I had so here goes....

The Lord had made a habit during this time of my life of waking me up in the middle of the night for Bible study which he would conduct himself. I guess my day must have been full of clutter and he sought a quiet time to speak. This particular evening I went to bed at 9pm as usual and fell into a deep sleep. At midnight the Lord woke me up completely alert and asked me to get my Bible, so I did and the lesson started. He taught me on wisdom. I had been praying for divine wisdom ever since I read that wisdom was the principle thing.

Prov 4:7
Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom.
Though it cost all you have, get understanding.


That night God opened up the wisdom passages, their importance and why I should get it. It was a 4 hour lesson. In those days, my mom would get up at 4am to pray. I had just turned off the light to catch another hour of sleep before waking up to get ready for work, when she woke up and went downstairs to pray. I was also praying in my bed, asking God to give me the wisdom I needed to navigate through life when suddenly it felt like I was travelling at very high speed. The only way I can describe it is that I felt like I was in a rocket (I have never been in a rocket, but that is the only way I could explain it in terms of speed) and I was shooting upward. I was awake and it was so real, I could feel the pressure in my head, like I was really travelling.

Then suddenly I was sitting in this chair. Just a simple chair with no arm rests, like a regular dinning room chair. And there was light everywhere, it was bright like day. The chair had been placed on the edge of a cliff with the cliff directly behind me. And God the Father and the Holy Spirit where having this conversation which was filled with joyful laughter. I remember thinking to myself, these guys laugh just as much as me. (I have been accused of being the bubbliest human on the face of the earth. I do enjoy a good giggle). And the Holy Spirit would ask the Father in Swahili "Do I give her?" and he would say "Give her" and he asked again "Do I give her?" and the Lord said in Swahili "Mpe, Wembe, wembe wembe" In my tribal Kikuyu language we say that one is as sharp as a razor when talking about wisdom, and knowledge. The literal interpretation is "Give her a razor, a razor, a razor" I knew exactly what the Lord was saying. Then the Holy Spirit walked up to me and says "Shika" which means "recieve" and lays his right hand on my forehead. As soon as he does that, I fall out under the power of God, and chair falls back over the cliff and I come out of it and I'm in my bed.

I am in awe. Totally aware that I have been in the presence of Almighty God and the Holy Spirit. Totally aware that I have received an impartation of Wisdom. I am amazed, extremely joyful, and I just know I have been with God. So I jump out of my bed and run downstairs and gush everything out to mom. By now my mom had come to believe in visions and dreams so she was very open to my vision. Later on she told me that I must have been in the third heaven.

I was so blown away by that experience. I believe that God wants to be so real to us. He wants us to see him and talk to him like that. One on One. I don't know what you think about that, but it was one reason that made me know for a fact that he is real. That he exists. We can serve God, but with the feeling that he is distant and far removed from our every day lives. It is interesting because when God desires to show himself to us he says "draw near", "come here", "come up higher", "seperate yourself", "consecrate yourself". He is constant, we are the ones who either come nearer or go farther away. My prayer is that you will draw so close to God, that he will indwell you and take you for himself. When you get close enough, he will begin to reveal himself to you. How do we get closer to him, by calling to him, and when we do he promises to show us great and mighty things we know nothing about.

Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden, which you do not know (do not distinguish and recognize, have knowledge of and understand).Jer 33:3 AMP

No comments: