Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Resist the Urge!

As I had said on an earlier blog, it never ceases to amaze me how I can take something absolutely wonderful and turn it into an utter nightmare. In the months of March and April I was working out like I had never done before. I was doing everything that I needed to be doing but I was not loosing weight. It bothered me that I was not shaking the plateau, but they said change the excercises so I did. That shook off two pounds and then I stagnated again. Now I was working out in the AM and in the PM and still nothing. I should have been loosing weight like crazy based on the Math, but nothing was happening. So finally I cried out to God about it and he answered me. He said I was doing things in the flesh and had stepped away from what he had told me to do.

So I went back to the original Jesus plan. Eat when you are hungry (true stomach hunger) and stop when you are satisfied. That was 13 days ago. Since then, I have shed 8 pounds effortlessly. I am smaller now than I have been in years!!! I am so blessed!

I find that my greatest challenge has been to wait for true stomach hunger before I can eat. Most of the time, I just want the taste of something in my mouth, other times I just want to eat because I am stressed and other times, like now, I just want to eat coz I can! That is the "lust of the flesh" I should not just feed my body because I want to eat.

Ok,let me say it again for those who think it is ok to eat just because the food is there and you can. THE LUST OF THE FLESH INCLUDES EATING NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE HUNGRY BUT BECAUSE YOU FEEL LIKE IT! Yeah! Talk about taking the wind out of my sails! I am blessed, however, that God does give us a way out of every trial and struggle and this morning he said in James 4:7 "Submit yourselves then to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." So now when I am struggling to wait for true stomach hunger I submit myself to God and in the name of Jesus I resist the lust of the flesh.

As I continue I am sure that I will see great progress and will be able to share it with you.

For resources on God's way of losing weight please visit www.thinwithin.org

No comments: