Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Lost Coin!

THIRTY THREE. That is how old I will be on Sunday. I am not sure I want to be that old just yet. Not that I am against my age, not at all. I think the thirties are awesome and I am having the time of my life. I finally have enough money to do things like go out and have a good time with friends on my birthday without having to ask anyone for it … ya know?!!

But there are things I thought I would have accomplished by now and I still have not seen any sign that God has answered those prayers. Like marriage and a family of my own. Sometimes my heart is very downcast when I contemplate my age, my gynecological history and the lack of a man in my life. I get to the place where I ask like Abraham, "You have given me all these things and all these fabulous promises, but what good is it for my servant Eliezer will inherit it all when I am gone?" (my paraphrase).

I thought I was being ungrateful and silly until I read the story of the lost coin in Luke 15:8-9

"Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.'"

Without a husband and a family in my life I don't feel complete. I have 9 coins and I, like this woman, am frantically searching for my lost coin. I am sweeping and cleaning looking for this lost coin. And when I find it, for I SHALL FIND IT, you all must rejoice with me. Why I'm I so certain of this? Because God exists. He is, and is a rewarder of those that diligently seek him. I know for sure because the Zeal of the Lord shall accomplish it for me. He shall do it. I am so blessed. I love this God so much. I love him to smithereens!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dear!!! i feel so bad that i forgot your birthday...truely i dint knw till i read my favourite blog today...Happy birthday precious may the lord fulfill your hearts desire,may he favour you beyond measure....He is God and and indeed nothing is too difficult for him!! Ilove you very much!
Regards
Winnie

Anonymous said...

Aww, this is so inspiring! I am not yet 25, but I completely empathize, which would make you shake your head just like my big sisters in the faith do. I love your blog already... this is my first visit, just glanced at it but I'm so blessed and will probably begin to follow it.

That said, I hope you had a happy birthday!!! May you find your lost coin at God's appointed time (and may that appointed time be real soon!).

Cee said...

God is never too early nor late...his timing is the best. Just when you think he won't come thro, he brings you more blessings than you had imagined. At his timing u will get what your heart desires and not some funny man who is plain stress. As my aunt would say, there is always someone for everyone...even for Cholerics..hehehe.

Kenyan gal keep the posts coming, I love ur blog, it's entertaining while at the same time challenging and sets me to serious thinking...Keep it up.