Monday, September 14, 2009

Transition!

There came a time when I lived in the US that life became miserable for me. I hated being there. I was tired of my life and knew that a change had to be made. I had been saved as a young girl and had wonderful communion with the Spirit of God but while in the States, I had lost my fire. Life had just crowded my time with God out. Well, I felt the need for him and began to seek him.

I decided that I would take one of my off days out of the week to fast and pray. I just wanted to spend time with God. Initially, things were kinda quiet and then he came. We began to visit and had a wonderful time together. He began speaking to me about my future and told me that he wanted me to go back home to Kenya. That my blessing was there. I remember that time of transition. It was difficult. I had so many fears. Everyone said that Kenya had gone to the dogs and that I would never get a job if I came back. But God had said 'Go.'

I have never regretted my return or looked back. God has outdone himself in my life. He has met every need and never left me once. When the economy looked horrible he raised my income. With inflation at almost 20% I'm not just keeping my head above water, I'm floating on my back having a great time. God has preserved and kept me.

Now I sense another transition. A different kind of transition. It's not a physical move but a spiritual one. God wants me on a higher plane. Just like before, I am afraid. The voices around me are getting louder every day. Trying to stop me from progressing by showing how I could fail or mess up. But God is able to hold me up. God is able to bring me successfully to the other side. God says "Step out of the boat Cynth! Experience walking on water."

Will I step out of the boat and have the experience of my life, or will I look at the wind and the waves? Is he not able to calm the sea? Peace, be still. Who is like our God? I think I'll throw caution to the wind. I think I will step out. I think I will trust him to keep and preserve me. I think I'll do it. Recklessly abandon myself in the hands of Jesus. I'll transition to my next level and if I perish… I perish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen!!!!Winnie.

Cee said...

He is the only one that says jump you ask how high.
Isaiah 55:10-11
10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJUTExb7nsc