Friday, September 4, 2009

Reading the Bible through in a year - Update

I am very excited about reading my Bible. I have made much progress and the Bible makes a lot of sense when read in sequence. Who knew?!! Having fully understood what God had told the Israelites in the Torah I now understand why in Judges, Kings and subsequent books he would get so annoyed with them. The book of Job even made real sense to me this time. I understood why Jobs friends had to ask him for forgiveness and why he had to pray for them. It makes sense!!

Okay. Call it tooting my horn but here is a list of the books I have read so far:

Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy
Joshua
Judges
Ruth
1 Samuel
2 Samuel
1 Kings
2 Kings
1 Chronicles
2 Chronicles
Ezra
Nehemiah
Esther
Job
Psalms
Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
Acts
Romans
1 Corinthians

This Month I am scheduled to read the following:

Ecclesiastes
Song of Songs
Isaiah
2 Corinthians
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians

I can't wait to begin the major prophets. I know that they will make sense too. I know that God will shed his light on them and I will understand them in a new way. This is tons of fun. I love the one year Bible it has made it so easy to read the word of God. It's downhill from here. 4 months to go and I will have read the whole Bible through in a year! Hallelujah!!

1 comment:

Cee said...

Congratulations gal on ur bible reading, guess this is one of those things I allowed to go withh the flow...read the Old Testament and never started the New :(