Thursday, September 17, 2009

Temperament

Ok. I was looking up my temperament because I realize I have issues and I am not quite sure why God would make Cholerics. This is sad. The weaknesses are terrible. Did you know that Adolf Hitler was a choleric? I actually have something in common with the man!! How aweful! Check this out. It's taken out of http://temperaments.info/choleric.htm

A person who is choleric in inclusion can become a very strong leader, inspiring large numbers of followers. The are charismatic, charming, inspirational. But beneath the surface, these people see others more a tools, people who can be moved to do what they want them to do. Cholerics will choose to join and head organizations that will support their chosen goals.

Many Cholerics will border on being arrogant, but most appear to be genuine. They tend to be very task oriented, and may be seen as a "Tom Sawyer" with an unpleasant temper. They are fast-paced and demand that things be done correctly and swiftly. "Do It and Do It Now" is their slogan. Procrastination is not a characteristic of a Choleric in inclusion.

A Choleric in Inclusion tends to be seen as open, friendly, confident, outgoing, optimistic, and tough-minded. They typically will exhibit a good mind for envisioning new projects and is an extrovert of a highly selective nature.

On the downside, a Choleric who is not getting his way will often be hot tempered. They will use people to get their way, and can be cruel and angry when frustrated, which can happen easily.

Cholerics tend to dominate conversations. If you find yourself having trouble getting a word in edgewise, you are likely dealing with a Choleric. They will try to be careful not to be rude, but will consistently work at dominating.

A Choleric in Control is typically an excellent leader, capable of quick and accurate decisions based on facts rather than emotions. Capable of carrying considerable responsibility, the people tend to have significant quantities of will-power. The complete the tasks they set out to accomplish.

On the negative side, Cholerics in Control can be angry and cruel. The have been known to be uncaring, abusive and ruthless. A major flaw that appears is the failure to care for the people they are leading, and to look down on those who have less strength of will.

A Choleric in Affection is another of the unusual temperaments. They appear to need a great deal of love and affection, but in reality they don't. Most will not seek out close, personal relationships, and when sought out by another, they may very well decline and walk away. Choleric in Affection people seems to have few emotions with the exception of anger. They see compassion, empathy and deep feelings as unnecessary time-wasters.

Strengths of this temperament include openness, optimism, and an outgoing nature. However, the downside of this temperament can be an angry, rejecting behavior toward others.

The sad part about that report is that it is mostly true. I know how I can be. These weaknesses are terrible and I know my temper can be scary when it shows. Even though it only pops up once in a long time. I submit my temperament under the control of the Holy Ghost. How else can I make it to heaven with such horrid natural tendencies? When it comes to the part about love and devotion not being a huge need to Cholerics, I guess that is true to some extent. I am not needy in that area even though I do long for marriage. For the most part I'm not pining away. I have never been boy crazy and never understood what the fuss was all about.

However, I do want to get married and soon. I keep asking myself the question "why do I want to get married?" and I pull a blank most of the time. I know I want a kids a godly offspring and to set a godly example for my family. I also want a companion in my old age. I know a wife is a helper to her husband and all but is that it. I guess I need to find out more about the purpose of marriage especially for us cholerics. God help me! Life is a maze to me sometimes. That's how I'm feeling about marriage right now. How do I get out of this thing?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Winnie.

RoseM said...

Cindy? a choleric? If memory serves me right, whoever made this choleric test if you took one Nailed it!. That you are and we need to chat.

kenyangal said...

@ sarahlite I need Jesus this I know.