Monday, September 3, 2007

God makes no mistakes

Someone my heart dearly loves recently found out that his mother had wanted to abort him when she found herself pregnant with him. He is now daily plagued with thoughts and feelings of rejection that are causing him to go astray in life. My heart is breaking for him, but I have no idea how to make it better. I know that God doesn't make any of us by mistake. None of us are here by mistake. We each have a purpose in Christ. Oh that he may know the love and acceptance that comes from God. And know that even if his mother and father were to forsake him, God surely would not. I found this poem on the biblicalwomanhood blog and it blessed me tremendously. So if for whatever reason you think you are a mistake, may God put it in your heart to know that you are not. He knows the plans he has for you, to give you a future and a hope (Jer 29:11) and he saw you being formed in your mother's womb (Ps 139) and said it was good.

My Father's way may twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache,
But in my soul I'm glad I know
He maketh no mistake.

My cherished plans may go astray,
My hopes may fade away,
But still I'll trust my Lord to lead,
For He doth know the way.

Though night be dark and it may seem
That day will never break,
I'll pin my faith, my all in Him,
He maketh no mistake.

There's so much now I cannot see,
My eyesight's far too dim;
But come what may, I'll surely trust
And leave it all to Him.

For by and by the mist will lift
And plain it all He'll make;
Through all the way, though dark to me,
He made not one mistake.

- By A. H. Overton

No comments: